The following are some of their many skilled duties:-
Healthy lifestyle management and advice including:
- Alcohol consumption advice
- Blood pressure checks
- Cholesterol testing
- Diet and weight reduction idvice
- Smoking advice
- Asthma management
- Audiometry (hearing test)
- Blood tests
- Cervical Cytology (smears), and breast awareness including teaching self-examination.
- Coronary Heart Disease management
- Contraception advice and management.
- Diabetes management
- Ear syringing
- ECG tests
- High blood pressure management
- Hormone replacement therapy checks and management
- Immunisation and vaccinations
- Ischaemic Heart Disease Management
- Minor illness
- Spirometry (lung function test)
- Suture removal
- Travel advice and vaccinations
- Triage—available for advice
- Various clinical tests requested by Doctor.
- Wound checks and dressings
Our receptionists can advise you whether to make an appointment with the nurse or Doctor with regards to the above aspects of your care.