All repeat prescriptions are recorded on and issued from our Practice computer and will have a counterfoil attached. This details all your prescribed medicines. The printed prescription will be available for collection 48 hours later. We are unable to take prescription requests over the telephone.
You can obtain a repeat prescription by the following methods:-
- Via the internet here (you will need your password and this will give you a list of your medication). This is the most secure and rapid method.
- By filling in the form below – this may take longer and is not as secure.
- By the tear off slip on the right of your prescription given into reception. Please ensure that the items you require are requested clearly by ticking the appropriate box on the repeat request form, or if you do not have a repeat request form, please ensure that your name, address and the items you require are clearly indicated on your written request.
- By post
- By asking at the front desk
- You can authorise a chemist to collect the prescription and even have the drugs delivered to you
Due to the high volume of requests received by the practice each day, you should note that you will be asked to call back if you request your prescription earlier than the 48 hours quoted. If you have a special request or your medication is not on the ‘repeat’ list, please allow a further 24-48 hours.
Occasionally you will be asked to see the Doctor or Practice Nurse in order to review your treatment. At the bottom of the counterfoil on your repeat prescription form is a review date. This is to remind you that your doctor needs to be able to review your current medication to ensure it is helping your medical complaint and to see if you are well.
The doctor can do this without the need for you to attend for an appointment. Your doctor will invite you in if they feel you need to be seen for the review. Occasionally, these review dates are updated by the Practice Nurse, e.g. contraception/HRT checks.
Prescription request form. Please complete as stated below and submit
Once you have added your requirements then put an (x) in the required fields for the remaining medication fields.
Please, Please, Please just press the submit button once as repeat pressing just clogs up the system.
How do I order a repeat prescription?
Further help can be found here: http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase