You can obtain a repeat prescription by the following methods:-
- Online using Patient Access https://patient.emisaccess.co.uk/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2F
- By completing the slip that came with your last prescription and handing it in to the surgery.
- Completing the Prescription Request Form found here and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By asking at the front desk.
- You can authorise a chemist to collect the prescription and even have your medication delivered to you.
- For those that require a repeat contraceptive pill then you can do this by filling in the attached form and taking it to reception. Contraception Questionnaire
All repeat prescriptions are recorded on and issued from our Practice computer and will have a counterfoil attached. This details all your prescribed medicines. The printed prescription will be available for collection 48 hours later. We are unable to take prescription requests over the telephone.
Due to the high volume of requests received by the practice each day, you should note that you will be asked to call back if you request your prescription earlier than the 48 hours quoted. If you have a special request or your medication is not on the ‘repeat’ list, please allow a further 24-48 hours.
Occasionally you will be asked to see the Doctor or Practice Nurse in order to review your treatment. At the bottom of the counterfoil on your repeat prescription form is a review date. This is to remind you that your doctor needs to be able to review your current medication to ensure it is helping your medical complaint and to see if you are well.
The doctor can do this without the need for you to attend for an appointment. Your doctor will invite you in if they feel you need to be seen for the review. Occasionally, these review dates are updated by the Practice Nurse, e.g. contraception/HRT checks.